Jump to content

Recommended Posts

We've been living in Spain for four years and have our own rental property (a guest house).

Due to certain commitments, we may need to temporarily move away from Spain and become non-residents.

Does anyone have information on how to lawfully hire someone part time to manage the property?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Before you hire someone, make sure that you comprehend your legal obligations to them and to the government for Social Security contributions. Many people choose to hire a gestor to manage these payments, generate payslips for the employee, and provide updates on any issues regarding employment laws.


If the individual is eligible to be a "domestic worker," they may be entitled to lower S.S. payments, which could make a big difference as normal payments are very steep. Small business owners should be aware of the rules regarding sick and holiday pay, as these can be detrimental based on personal past experience.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...