Jump to content

Should I change my green card for Tarjeta de Residencia?

Recommended Posts

Could I get some advice? They warned my boss that if the tax administration found out I didn't have a valid green residency card due to Brexit, he would be fined 12,000€ as a result of me starting a part-time job. From what I know, changing to a TIE is still not mandatory and my green card remains valid, meaning that I'm allowed to work here. Did the gestor not understand the law or was there a miscommunication when I had another contract in August 2022 without any issues? .Any advice would be appreciated; I've looked around on the internet and in this group, but it's a bit confusing.

I'm Spanish Adviser and you can ask me any question related to Spain. Our people speak 🇬🇧 🇺🇸 🇪🇸 🇩🇪 🇫🇷 🇺🇦 🇷🇺.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Based on this document issued by Spanish Government


Therefore, you are not required to apply for a new residence permit in order to remain in Spain since they have taken the second route.

Put simply, as EU citizens any family cards or with certificates of registration issued before the end of the Brexit transition period to verify their legal residence in Spain and take advantage of the privileges offered under the Withdrawal Agreement. The Spanish authorities suggest that you get a new residence document, as it follows a European model and clearly states that you are a beneficiary of the Withdrawal Agreement.


Do I need a registration certificate in order to reside in Spain?

Having the registration certificate allows you to stay in Spain. You and your family members can request a residence document that mentions your status as a beneficiary of the Withdrawal Agreement. It is highly recommended that you request a new residence document according to the European model, which explicitly states your status in relation to the Withdrawal Agreement. This new document is a physical card that holds biometric elements, aiding the holder to carry out administrative procedures in Spain and to even enter the European Union's external borders.


Can I continue working with no need for additional permit?

UK nationals residing in Spain and beneficiaries of the Withdrawal Agreement do not need to obtain a work permit to continue their professional activity in Spain. The Withdrawal Agreement ensures that EU citizens, UK nationals and their family members can still live, work or study in the same circumstances as they have been on an equal basis to EU law. Therefore, there is no need for extra authorization to proceed with your work.

Edited by Jenni
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...