How to extend my tourist visa in Spain?

Does anyone have information on how to extend a tourist visa? I reached out to the Foreign Office, and they told me to go to the Police Office. The police instructed me to go to the foreign affairs office...I would really appreciate any help! What is the length of the process?

• Like 1

I'm Spanish Adviser and you can ask me any question related to Spain. Our people speak 🇬🇧 🇺🇸 🇪🇸 🇩🇪 🇫🇷 🇺🇦 🇷🇺.

There are quite a few limitations. Reading them through I realise they don't actually want people to remain in the country for more than it was previously allowed, but if something really important happened, it can be done.

In extraordinary cases, a foreigner visiting Spain for reasons other than work or residency may be allowed to stay longer, except in the case of a job search visa.

A non-resident who enters Spain and doesn't exceed a total stay of 90 days per semester is in a short-term visit. This does not include individuals admitted for educational, student mobility, or volunteer activities. If you need a visa to stay in a certain place, it must be obtained before the expiration date.

A visa holder whose visa's duration is under three months can apply for an extension of their stay, however the total allowed time cannot exceed three months within a six-month period

If you entered without a visa. Under certain exceptional circumstances, a visitor to Spain may be permitted to remain in the country for longer than three months without a visa.

To apply and provide the necessary documents, you need to submit them to an Immigration Office (Extranjeria), Superior Headquarters or Police Station (Comisaria de Policia) in your city.

• Like 1

My ninety-day stay in Spain has ended. My dental surgeon wants me to come back! He has given me a letter that confirms my return, along with proof in the form of photographs. Will I be able to return to Spain?