Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Could anyone give me some advice?

My spouse and I are contemplating purchasing a vacation home in Spain, and splitting our time between the UK and Spain. Since we have Irish passports, we are not subject to the 90 day rule.


We are retired, we both have private healthcare and the benefit of the UK's National Health Service.

Travel insurance for Spain is limited to 45-day periods. What is the best healthcare option for us in Spain? Is it possible to pay into the 

Spanish Healthcare system without giving up access to our NHS when we are back in our home country?

Please share your thoughts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Jenni,


First of all, you as EU citizen can use a public healthcare system for free - here is the topic - who can use Spanish public medical system

Secondly, you also can buy private medical insurance to be covered, but for old people it is a bit expensive to be honest.

I'm Spanish Adviser and you can ask me any question related to Spain. Our people speak 🇬🇧 🇺🇸 🇪🇸 🇩🇪 🇫🇷 🇺🇦 🇷🇺.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...