Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello! Could you please tell me how to cancel my residency registration or padron? Should I make an appointment to cancel my residency, or is it possible to simply walk into a government building and inform them that I no longer live here? Is it possible to do it by email?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey! There are a few important things here to take into account:


When relocating to a new municipality, you don't need to request deregistration in the Municipal Register before registering in the new municipality. The City Council will process the registration and notify the National Institute of Statistics within 10 days of the following month. The Institute will then communicate this to the Town Hall of origin, which can then take away the resident's name from its registry.


Spanish citizens who move abroad don't need to de-register from their previous municipality's registry before registering with the consular section in the new country. The Consular Section will contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, who in turn will notify the INE to complete the registration process for Spaniards transferring their residence overseas, resulting in their de-registration from their original municipality.


Foreigners who are transferring to a different country must request de-registration and receive a certificate accrediting it. Ask an appointment in the Town hall. 


Fiscal address and Registered address can be different.

Is it mandatory for a fiscal address and registered address to be the same, even though this is usually the case? What are the risks or consequences of not doing it?

Should the tax domicile and place of registration match?

This may seem like a simple question to some, but it is actually a common query among thousands of taxpayers. Is it normal for a person's tax residence and registered address to be different, leading to confusion about where to file their taxes?


Legally, tax residence and registration don't have to be the same place, though it usually makes sense for them to be. However, you need to manage both registered address and your fiscal address separately. If you need to change your fiscal address , it can be done in Tax Agency in person or online using your digital certificate.

I'm Spanish Adviser and you can ask me any question related to Spain. Our people speak 🇬🇧 🇺🇸 🇪🇸 🇩🇪 🇫🇷 🇺🇦 🇷🇺.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...