There are several steps you can take to immigrate to Spain:

Determine your eligibility to immigrate to Spain. You may be eligible to immigrate if you have a close relative who is a Spanish citizen or a resident of Spain, if you have a job offer from a Spanish employer, or if you are a student or self-sufficient individual.
Gather the necessary documents. This may include a valid passport, birth certificate, and proof of financial means. You may also need to provide a criminal background check.
Apply for a visa. Depending on the reason for your immigration and your country of origin, you may need to apply for a specific type of visa. You can do this at the Spanish embassy or consulate in your country of origin.
Once your visa is approved, make travel arrangements to Spain.
Upon arrival in Spain, register with the local police and apply for a residence permit. You may also need to register with the local town hall and obtain a social security number.
Once you have a residence permit, you can apply for a work permit if you wish to work in Spain.
It is important to note that the process for immigrating to Spain can be complex and may involve various fees and processing times. Be sure to carefully research the requirements and follow all necessary steps to ensure a smooth immigration process.

I'm Spanish Adviser and you can ask me any question related to Spain. Our people speak 🇬🇧 🇺🇸 🇪🇸 🇩🇪 🇫🇷 🇺🇦 🇷🇺.

• 2 weeks later...

Since I'm going to be residing mostly in Spain, I want to start the process of acquiring a long-term Spanish visa instead of my current French visa.

A few years ago, I applied for a Spanish visa but my application was denied after submitting all the necessary documents.

Navigating the Spanish bureaucracy was challenging, and communication with the consulate proved to be nearly impossible. In order to get my French visa in spite of Brexit, I had to work with a lawyer.

Since I plan to stay in Spain for the most part, getting a Spanish visa is the next sensible step, so I'll have to go through the process again.

As a freelance professional cyclist, I have my NIE from when I applied for the visa a couple of years ago.

What is the best visa for me to obtain?

If you're not in Pro Tour, there is no chance to get a special residency card for professional athletes. You can't take no lucrative, because it doesn't permit professional activity. I see only option to make one as self-employed, but it must be prepared well document wise as there is a risk of refuse. 

I will leave the details on the professional athletes visa here for your knowledge:

Professional athletes, coaches and any other group equated to professional athletes are included in this category.

ONLY applications referring to the following sports will be accepted: cycling (clubs or teams integrated into the PRO TOUR), volleyball (men's and women's honor division), soccer (First and Second division of men's soccer and First division of women's soccer), handball (ASOBAL league and women's honor division), futsal (honorary division of the national league for men and women) and basketball (ACB league, LEB league and women)

To submit your application, your employer must first obtain authorization for a residence and work permit. After the employer has filed a request for authorization, the Government Delegation or Sub-delegation will issue a resolution which needs to be signed by the employer and sent to the worker in order for them to apply for a visa at a Consular Office. Details in Spainish are here

I'm Spanish Adviser and you can ask me any question related to Spain. Our people speak 🇬🇧 🇺🇸 🇪🇸 🇩🇪 🇫🇷 🇺🇦 🇷🇺.