Which school in Spain is better for children taking in mind future admission to the university? Are public schools suitable for this?

If the plan is to enter to one of the European / North American / UK / World Top University, my recommendation would be that from the age of 12-13 it is highly important to study at a private school on a bilinguistic program or an international bachelor's program. If the goal is to admit into Spanish university, it is ok to study at a public school. The Spanish universities are not among the hundred best universities in the world, but their diplomas are on a high rank in Spain and other EU countries.

Β 

My 11-year-old kid doesn't speak Spanish. What would be your school recommendation?

There are several English / German / French speaking schools, but if your plan is to stay in Spain for a long time and your kid plans to go to Spanish University, I would recommend a Spanish-speaking School, but may be with the kid's mother tong teachers available. At the end, as sooner your kid starts studying at a local school, the faster he / she learns languages and socializes. Learn the language before moving to Spain isn't bad idea at all. I think 11 years is max term for fast adoption.

Β 

Which cities in Spain are leading in terms of school education?

The best schools are in Madrid, Valencia and Barcelona. But keep in mind that Catalan will still be taught in public schools in Barcelona, and Valencianian schools will still be taught in Valencia region, so your kid must learn another language. Private schools usually teach in Spanish and English. Of course, there are good schools in other cities. But pay attention to this: enrollment into a public school is based on your residence address.

Β 

There is an opinion that math classes are quite bad in Spain. Is that true?

Everything is fine with mathematical education in Spain. It can be bad for those who got a nice house in a beautiful village by the sea, and then starts looking for a school nearby πŸ™‚. In such places, it is possible to have issues not only with mathematics, but also with other subjects. In good Spanish schools, the level of mathematics corresponds to the first courses of universities. In addition, many children learn mathematics separately in English to take exams at international universities. And the level there is also very high.

I'm Spanish Adviser and you can ask me any question related to Spain. Our people speak πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§Β πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈΒ πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈΒ πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺΒ πŸ‡«πŸ‡·Β πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦Β πŸ‡·πŸ‡Ί.