Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Can I study for a master's degree in Spain if I already have a specialist diploma? What is approximate cost? Would I be granted a visa?


The short answer is Yes. The magistracy usually lasts 1 year, in some cases 2 years, a national visa type D for all period of the course is granted for this type of education. If you're very passioned of studying after the first master's degree, you can safely do the second one. The price depends of a few factors: the language of the course (in English is almost always more expensive), the rank of the school / university, as well as whether the program is public or private. State magistracy costs from 800 euros to 7,000 euros per year, private - from 7,000 euros.


How long does it take to homologate my diploma? On what basis can I stay in Spain while homologation is underway?

According to the new law approved by the Government In November, the homologation should not exceed 6 months. Waiting for a resolution of homologation is not a basis for a residence permit, so if you want to live in Spain before it happens I would recommend to enroll to a master's degree or take language courses.


I plan to enter the magistracy in Spain after getting my bachelor's degree. What should be taken into account?

Make an apostille of the Ministry of Education on your diploma. Then make a Spanish translation by on official / sworn translator (traductor jurado) in Spain. The average price for such work is about 100-130 euros. Admission to the magistracy takes place without entrance exams, but there is a need for good Spanish or English (depending on the course you choose). The average cost of Spanish courses is from 2,600 to 4,500 euros per year. You also need to have some money in your account covering a year of life in Spain: officially it is 7,200 euros (at the rate of 600 euros/month), but I recommend showing funds for at least 14 months - 8,400 euros.


Are there any inexpensive Master's degrees in English in Spain?

Depends on what you call inexpensive. There are good Masters in English in Spain: including in state universities. The English-language program will cost you from 6,800 euros per year, but in Spanish you can find some (not sure about its quality, but)  from 1,000 euros per year. Almost all universities admit for Master's degrees in English.

  • Like 1

I'm Spanish Adviser and you can ask me any question related to Spain. Our people speak 🇬🇧 🇺🇸 🇪🇸 🇩🇪 🇫🇷 🇺🇦 🇷🇺.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...