What are the tax benefits under new startup law in Spain? Moving to Spain on DNV - Taxes

Anderson

Tax benefits for foreigners under the new startup law and digital nomads visa in 2023.

Foreigners are one of the population groups that will benefit the most from these measures.

Well, from the moment this law comes into force, they will be able to enjoy much easier access to IRNR (non-resident income tax).

Until now, in order to benefit from this regime they had to prove that they had not lived in Spanish territory for the last 10 years. This amount will be reduced to just 5 years.

But, in addition, they will be able to enjoy this measure for 10 years (instead of 5 as currently).

And why is it so beneficial to be able to take advantage of this tax?

Well, since it will mean paying only 15% of income instead of 24% up to €60,000.

I'm Spanish Adviser and you can ask me any question related to Spain. Our people speak 🇬🇧 🇺🇸 🇪🇸 🇩🇪 🇫🇷 🇺🇦 🇷🇺.

• Anderson changed the title to What are the tax benefits under new startup law in Spain? Moving to Spain on DNV - Taxes

Hello everyone!

I plan to move to Spain once the DNV becomes available. I would like to ask about taxes. If I move to Spain on Digital Nomad Visa, will I be considered a resident for taxation purposes in my country or Spain? I'm aware of the double tax treaty between the two countries assurance that I don't need to pay in both countries. The only worry is if my employer does not permit it because of having to pay tax in Spain.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

This is tricky bit, but let me explain - as a general rule to become a tax resident you need to move all your life to the country - so, stay, work, family and etc.

On usual bases, if you stay in the country for 183 days you become a fiscal resident of this country and should pay taxes locally.

In your case the question would be about how to move from employment contract to a service contract with your company - it would require registering as self-employed (the link to see how) and paying social security yourself (this year it becomes more expensive)

I also leave a couple of more links for you to study - Digital nomad visa - what is that, how to get it and what are the benefits - especially for remote workers.

How to register in Tax Agency and Social Security

• Like 1

I'm Spanish Adviser and you can ask me any question related to Spain. Our people speak 🇬🇧 🇺🇸 🇪🇸 🇩🇪 🇫🇷 🇺🇦 🇷🇺.